To continue protecting our Ward from violence, gangs and drugs, Alderman Thompson is in constant communication with the Police District Commanders and Chicago Police officers in the 1st, 9th and 12th Districts. Working together they have implemented strategies to strengthen safety in our community. Some of these efforts include:
- Purchasing 19 High Definition POD Cameras with Aldermanic Menu money that are strategically placed in areas more receptive to crime.
- Installation of stop signs at 26th & Stewart, 31st & Shields, 40th& Normal, 35th Place and Lituanica and 31st & Lowe.
- Installation of speed-humps in areas recommended by the Chicago Police Department (CPD).
- Installation of new LED lights on twelve (12) streets throughout the Ward.
- Outside Roll Calls
- Alderman or a staff member attends every court date for troubled buildings and works with the City attorneys to make sure owners are held accountable.
- “Keeping It Real Seminar” working with “Safer Foundation” to bring convicted burglars to interact with constituents and tell them how to keep their property safe.